My Project Draft

Well, although it's almost the end of the school year and my brain is on the low mood, I have to make an effort and write a blog about getting inspiration for the project, think about goals and working process and everything. But the moment I start doing this, it's not that difficult at all. Not a problem for me! I can talk and talk until you all get unconscious! You don't believe me? 

This is my cat after my talking over what happened at work.


OK, I'll try to make it short.

WHERE I FIND INSPIRATION FOR THE PROJECTS

I find inspiration everywhere. My brain is torturing me! I can't stop thinking and my husband is going to kill me some day. My colleagues at school think I don't sleep at night. And they are not far from the truth. I sometimes wake up at night and think about a project I plan to do at school, or on eTwinning or in my garden, whatever.

Before I would start a project, I would consider all the criteria that make one project successful and suitable for the quality label application. 
I would also consult the subject curriculum and plan the activities according to the subject plan that we are supposed to submit every August.
So, having a rubric of a plan project and the annual plan of the subject in front of me, I would do something like this:

MY PROJECT DRAFT

When I was a pupil, the subject I hated most was history. I still have problems with remembering names and dates and all those past things. But now that I am older, I don't think that all the things we learned were that boring. Maybe the approach that my teacher used was not suitable for me. Actually, the "Old school" was not student centered at all. When I think about project based approached, I think that even history might be interesting.

That's why I'm gonna think about a project in history. 

How would I name it? Maybe:

  The Witnesses of our Past.

Age of the students: 11, because most children start studying history at this age.

Subjects involved: history, English, art, computer science.

Aims:
- Through this project students would develop interest in history as a subject;
- learn about historical sources and how to understand them;
- learn about history of their area and the countries that are involved in the project;
- present their country and culture;
- develop their communicative and cooperative skills, use English as a way of communication;
- develop computer skills through various applications used.

Work Process:
In the first week students would have to present their school, their classroom for history (if they have one) and their general idea about what history is and why they study history at school.

In the second week students would make a short film at a history site in their area, and present the town where they come from and talk about whether their hometown is important in their national history. Maybe they could visit the  local museum or present an event from their local history.

After watching the films other students presented, students would have to contact with others on Skype or video chat and ask and answer the questions about those films. 

In the fourth week they would have to choose one object from their local history and try to reconstruct the period when that object was used. They would have to illustrate the period and make a book or a slide show with the illustrations. 

They could also use some applications to create a poll to gather information from students in their schools on what they think about historical sources they can find in their area or, the best idea would be for all students participants to come to questions together through a chat room or using padlet.

In the end, they would create a magazine presenting all the information they have gathered and the knowledge they achieved through this project.

Expected results:
Through this project students would learn how to recognize various historical sources and develop their critical thinking through analyzing those sources. 
 They would also create a book and a magazine presenting their work on the theme.




I hope you haven't lost your patience so far and don't look like...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts